Diversity means a common understanding starting from differences of all kind. We believe that everyone is unique and that being part of a different race, ethnic group, gender, age, sexual orientation or religion is a value and not a label.
The Bulgarian Diversity Charter represents the shared understanding of its signatories that diversity is a driver to creativity, innovation, growth and productivity, and an incentive for individuals to fully reveal their knowledge, competences, talents and skills.
The concept of diversity refers to the many different types of people who make up a company. Each individual is unique in their specific features but at the same time they also share certain things in common with other individuals. More generally, the concept of diversity refers to the tolerance, respect and consideration that a company demonstrates in relation to each person’s particular characteristics.
In the field of employment, a diversity policy is designed to better reflect the diversity of the national population in a company’s workforce and to make the best use of the specific characteristics and potential of each person.
THE BUSINESS CASE
The implementation of a proactive corporate diversity and inclusion policy secures companies’ success supporting many important aspects:
- Better economic performance, efficiency and sustainability;
- Business development – new customers, international markets;
- Regulatory compliance;
- More motivated, efficient and loyal employees;
- Promotes innovation, adaptability and creativity of teams;
- Supports acquisition and retention of qualified talent;
- Improves company reputation and brand recognition.
THE BENEFITS FOR YOU:
- Membership certificate;
- Membership logo to use on your web page and elsewhere;
- You will be featured as a signatory on the website www.diverse-eu.bg;
- Opportunity to communicate your experience and best practice on the platform www.diverse-eu.bg;
- Access to the knowledge and resources of the European network of Diversity Charters;
- Invitation to the annual high-profile signing event;
- Opportunity to attend specialised discussions, workshops and other events;
- Invitations and preferential rates for various Bulgarian Business Leaders Forum (BBLF) events and projects.
To stay informed on what we do, visit us on Facebook or subscribe to our newsletter in the form below.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Stay tuned and be more involved.
Follow us on Facebook to receive the latest updates on our work.
This website was funded by the European Union’s Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme (2014-2020).
The content of this website represents the views of the authors only and is their sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.