Macy’s elevates diversity goals
September 16, 2019
Macy’s Inc, one of the largest U.S.A. department store chain founded in 1858, announced an extensive initiative to drive diversity and inclusion across its ranks, concerning not only employees but consumers and other external stakeholders.
The program seeks to “further ensure the company reflects the diversity of the customers and communities it serves” and includes five steps:
1. “Strengthen our commitment to welcome, accept and respect every one of our customers”;
2. “Reflect and reach the full spectrum of our customers in our imagery, messages and experience”;
3. “Reflect the full spectrum of diversity at all levels of our workforce”;
4. “Drive growth with under-represented suppliers”;
5. “Build meaningful relationships with community partners whose objectives align with our business goals and our company values”.
The article also contains a food for thought about the feasibility of Macy’s program, with some opinions.
Read more: on website retailwire.com (EN)